- Cluster Deployment
- Weblogic ActiveCache/Coherence*Web integration
- OSB ResultCache
This posting will contain useful pointers to documentation section that can help you with managing and using Coherence in FMW 11g...the list is not complete but a first attempt to bundle the links I have used before and which were/are very helpful for me.
Coherence Network and performance tuning
- Configuration tips fo local laptop configuration - Thanks Marc;
- use the tangosol.coherence.ttl (time-to-live) to prevent network traffic to different hosts - useful when working locally on laptops.
- use the tangosol.coherence.localhost to force Coherence to bind to a specific address
- use the tangosol.coherence.wka to force unicast cluster communication. Determine the wka addresses and the number of wka addresses carefully to avoid loss of service in case the wka nodes die.
- for the OSB the coherence cache and cluster configuration files can be found in
/config/osb/coherence and can be changed accordingly.
- When encountering Coherence socket buffer warnings in the log files it is useful to increase the socket buffer size of your OS. Please have a look here to find the settings per OS
- Coherence performance tuning
- In my opinion it is wise not to use the Managed server JVM for cache storage in case your cache will grow to a significant size. Configure the Managed Server JVM with local-storage false and off-load storage to other cache-servers in the Coherence cluster running in separate JVMs
Active Cache - Coherence*Web
I will update this post when I have more useful information that can be shared. In case of Coherence related questions feel free to send me an email.